Thursday, July 28, 2016

Objective Completed: Front End Web Development

I just finished the Front End Web Development Track on teamtreehouse.com and I have learned about so many different concepts, including:

  • Making a website
  • The basics of CSS
  • The basics of JavaScript
  • The basics of CSS layout
  • Responsive layouts
  • CSS Flexbox layout
  • HTML forms
  • JavaScript loops, arrays and objects
  • CSS selectors
  • The basics of jQuery
  • The basics of Bootstrap 4
  • HTML tables
  • Interactive web pages with JavaScript
  • HTML video and audio
  • The basics of AJAX
  • Object oriented JavaScript
  • Accessibility
  • Website optimization
  • The console
  • The basics of Git
  • Front end performance optimization

I feel like I have made so much progress, but I know that I still have a long way to go. While I don't think I was able commit every command or word to memory, I do believe I have gained a greater understanding of Software Development and the core concepts involved in creating a website or web application. Tomorrow is "setup day" at Origin Code Academy. We (students) will be going in to the school for a few hours and meeting with instructors to get their computers setup for the bootcamp. I am very excited to officially start the course on Monday. It will be eight hours each day of learning and interacting with other people who are also interested in grasping the concepts associated with becoming a professional software developer. I feel like I have come so much closer to my eventual goal of gaining employment as a developer, whats more I have recently learned that two pretty big companies will be opening offices here in San Diego, Google and Fitbit. I am so excited about moving forward on this journey and seeing where my passion for creating great software takes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment